Brighton & Hove based publisher Waterloo Press invite submissions for LIT-UP, their new Arts Council England-funded mentoring and publishing scheme for emerging poets of colour. The deadline for submissions is 31 August 2018.
The two-year project will provide 10 poets with a digital platform on their new website as well as the necessary mentoring and editorial support to produce a pamphlet or poetry collection, all to be celebrated with a live closing event in the Spring of 2020.
Waterloo Press encourages submissions from faith, LGBTQI, disability, Roma, working class and/or additional perspectives.
There is no age restriction (from 18+) and no entry fee. Poets should have a track record of publishing and/or performing, and a portfolio at least 20 publishable poems.
- In the first instance please contact LIT-UP Project Manager Monika Richards on email@example.com and request the application form for completion, stating LIT-UP in the subject line.
- Along with the completed form, submit up to 5 poems in no more than 8 pages in a pdf format. Each poem must be single spaced (except for stanza breaks) and start on a new page. Font type must be 12. Please do not write your name on the poetry pages. Please number and state LIT-UP! in your header/footer on each page. State your name and LIT-UP in the subject line of the email.
- The deadline for submissions is 31 August 2018.
- The shortlist will be decided by 15 September.
- Shortlisted poets will be asked to submit a further 15 – 45 poems. The final decision and the successful 10 poets will be announced on 15 Oct.