Join us for a free community event to bring everyone together for a fun evening of music, food, art, children’s activity and literature.
Come have a taste of:
* Spoken word & poetry performance – Umi Sinha & Oluwafemi Hughes-Jonas
* Live African, Latin & reggae music – DJ Fever2Ray (African Night Fever)
* Jamaican food – Bready Delights
* Oral history & creative writing taster- share your story
* Children’s arts & craft
* BME heritage displays
* And more exciting things to be announced shortly
Our event will take place on Friday 31 August 6-8pm at DC1 Cafe & Gallery, 67-69 Seaside Road, Eastbourne BN21 3PL.
Contribute your stories & memory to a community anthology about Hidden Sussex.
Bring a photo of your earliest memories of your life in Sussex and share your stories and memories.
A FREE EVENT – ALL WELCOME
* You must book a free ticket to receive a plate of food. Max 30 plates, first come first serve.
* Pay bar available (cash/card).
* The venue is fully accessible – there is a lift to both floors and there is a wheelchair accessible toilet.
* Please contact us if you have any special mobility, dietary or language needs. Please contact us if you need more than 2 tickets. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the event on Facebook: facebook.com/events/2137213606521057/
Produced by Writing Our Legacy in partnership with African Night Fever
Supported by East Sussex County Council Stronger Communities Fund