Latin Voices Live! 2013 Film
We are delighted to get a short film of our Latin Voices Live! family day, which took place recently on Saturday 9 November. The event was bigger than ever, spanning across Brighton Dome, Brighton Museum and Jubilee Library, from 11am until 5pm.
The film captures a bit of everything from the day including:
- Marta Scott Dance Company
- Arts and crafts workshop with Linda White from Viva Mexico!
- Cuban band Son Guarachando
- James Burt reading Borges at Borges-a-thon
- And lastly Chilean writer Luis Munoz reading from his memoir Being Luis and talking about his life as a torture victim and survivor.
The majority of the film focuses on the reading and talk from Luis, including a reading from the book when he and his younger brother were looked after when abandoned by their father by a criminal called Satan, who ruled the grocers markets, and later when Luis ran into his father on the eve of the military coup. An emotional reading and discussion is captured on this edit, in which audience members relate and probe the person Luis was and who he is now.